Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Monday, December 27, 2010

Wishing You Peace and JOY

top view

closed view
"window"


This was my holiday card this year!  I always like to incorporate my boys
picture in our card.  So I designed a flip card to hold a wallet sized pic.
I did this by creating a 3 way slit with a mountain fold in which my picture
side view of mountain fold
rear view of "easel"
could be showcased.  The dimensions of the card are "my normal"(I never err too far!) 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I uses whisper white ,old olive and night of navy as my color palette.  The easel or flip part is a piece of 3 3/4"x 5"  night of navy,spritzed with SU's vanilla shimmer smooch spritz.,and impressed with our Northern Flurry Impressions embossing folder.  To make the flip part,cut a slit from the1" mark to the 4" mark on the 5"side.  Do this 1/2" from the bottom.  From there turn to your 3 3/4"and cut from the 1/2"mark to 3". Do this to both sides.  This will create a "flap",and will be scored at the top(the 3" window part).  Only score within the window =).  You will also need to create an easel in this window.  To do this score 1" and 2"(and the 3",if you did not already do this;)) from the edge of the 5'side. Make sure you only score within the window area.  Hope this picture below helps=).

  I then created a tag to open and close the easel part.  My tag was 3 1/2"H x3 1/4"W. I used a circle as a topper and the ticket punch on the corners.  Attach this to the back of the easel on the bottom score ONLY.


Attach your artwork or photo to the front(only) of your mountain fold. 
Attach your easel part to the card base.  Make sure not to tape to close to your window, to make sure your window slides.  Hope you understand all my babbling...LOL.  The boys are home from school and already I feel a little babbly...
Wishing you and yours a JOYful holiday season!
Until Next Thought,
Kris




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris