Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vintage-style Winter Post

Vintage-Swing Card

 I wanted to make a "swing" card using my movers and shakers die and the ornament from  the Holiday Windows Magnetic Movers and Shapers. I first saw this technique done by a SU! demonstrator Deb Valder.  Click HERE for video. I had to mess around a wee bit to get it just right, because the scallop circle is more forgiving then my ornament;), but I absolutely LOVE my finished project.  I stamped my image of the skaters from the Winter Post Stamp Set with black staz-on ink on very vanilla cs. I lightly used my blender pen and some ink pads to add a little color to their outfits. (Hint* do not color too dark as color bleeds a little with the embossing technique).I then punched out the skaters with the xl ornament punch.  I used the crackle emboss technique over the entire ornament.  If you need to know how to do this technique-contact me;).  After taking image from freezer and cracking, I use my sponge with some of SU!s espresso ink and sponged over ornament, making sure ink got into those crevices,giving it the vintage look. As in this picture- 



I added some elements from the Tiny Tags stamp set,Victoria Crochet Trim,a safety pin from our Vintage Trinkets,some "faux"ribbon with the scallop edge and dotted scallop ribbon punches, and embossing with the big shot and Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder!


Here is a little side view, to show how the "swing" works.


Hope you enjoy!! And,as always, any questions, contact me=))


Until Next Thought,
Kris





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris