Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Friday, March 12, 2010

5th Avenue Floral

This is the card I created for the challenge at: Picture Perfect Creations

What a pretty color combo! On to my thought on this combo:

Stamp Set: 5th Avenue Floral
Colors: Rose Red, bashful Blue, Black and White
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint,5/8" Black Satin Ribbon, 1/2 Pearl from Pretties Kit, Clear Embossing Powder, Pastels, Versa Mark,blender pen, paint brush,heat tool,eyelet or paper-piercing tool, glue dots,pop dots and Snail Adhesive

I stamped the black and rose red flowers on whisper white cs. I cut into 4 rectangles to fit on my black cs layer,trimming so that about 1/4 in smaller on horizontal and vertical lengths. Adhere 3 stamped panel to black panel, except bottom right corner. Take black satin ribbon and do a couple of "folds". I adhere these so they stay down with glue dots. This seems to work best with the satin ribbon :) .I then took my 1/2 pearl and thought he needed a little color! So onto coloring a pearl technique:
Take your glue dots and kiss to the end of your paper piercing tool or eyelet tool:

Next adhere your pearl to the glue dot on tool:Next, add some color!!! This can be done a couple of ways. You can use craft ink directly to your pearl(I did not have any bashful blue craft ink). So therefore, I came up with an alternate method ;/ . Completely cover your pearl in versa mark ink:

Then gently dab your pearl with your colored pastel:



Next, completely submerge your pearl in clear embossing powder. Don't worry if it sticks to your tool also it will come right off!




Next heat set with your heat tool. This is how the finished pearl will look!*Notice my shades in the back! Must be real bright and shiny that I had to keep them handy to view my creation!LOL

Adhere your pearl to ribbon and attach ribbon around last panel,and adhere to black panel.

For my center flower, I stamped image in black staz-on ink. I then watercolored using ink and blender pen. I then painted over image with my frost white shimmer paint, cut out image(after dry) and adhered to my card front using pop dots.
Hope you enjoyed:))
Until the next thought,
Kris


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris