Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Friday, September 9, 2011

Tags,Tags and more Tags

I am sorry I have been MIA! Most of my friends know that during the summer you can find me on the beach!  I know that boys like to run and run and run so I take them where they can have at it ;)

Anyway, I have stamped a little bit so I am here to show you what we worked on last month at our technique class.  I wanted to pull out something that I know I've neglected(just like my blogging!!!)
I wanted to teach everyone how to use something other than for its original purpose ;)
This card features tags as a background and as a page element.
My card base is in soft suede with the flowers and petals stamped randomly in the same color.  I used 8 small(Oops, I keep forgetting that this is actually our large tag punch :o -my bad!) tags that I had used for a previous card(which I hope to post,but gave away my sample so need to make another!)   I  used marina mist and ran through the big shot with our dot embossing folder. I used a strip of bravo burgundy and used our new stripes embossing folder,impressing both horizontal and vertical for a plaid look.  I also used 2 early espresso tags,embossed with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder,and a hole punched with my crop-a-dile through the ends. Wow, ok, enough tags already ;)
  Lets move on to our beautiful DSP called paisley prints: I used a strip of that behind my 2 espresso tags, and some espresso strips punched with our scallop border punch,behind our DSP.  I used a strip of our marina mist 1/8"taffeta ribbon to tie together my tags on the front.  I was going to make my marina mist tags into hexagons but I know my stampers would absolutely kill me for doing that!,so,we used them as a background to our strip that was inspired by our paisley prints DSP.  
Well, I hope you enjoyed these tags!! I will be back to try to show you the next 2 cards using our tag punches, and another Uncle Sam in remembrance of the 10 year anniversary of 9-11. So look for a new post in the next few days :D

Until Next Thought,
Kris


1 comment:

  1. Such a creative way to use the tags and a very pretty card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris