Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Friday, May 11, 2012

It's AWASH card 1

These cutie pies were a sample for my monthly class, featuring the soon retiring stamp set Awash with Flowers.

I wanted to show the group different ways that you could use the flowers.  I am not sure who originally came up with this idea,but I had seen it at regionals a couple years ago,and this gave me perfect excuse to create these cuties;)
I wanted to showcase my girls so I decided on a shadow box card.  To do this, you take 2 same sized pieces of cs,these I did in whisper white and daffodil delight and whisper white and pool party. These are 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I cut out a window in the center of my card with our framelits labels collection.  I then embossed with our houndstooth EF. *Note* this may alter the size of your card stock so you may need to trim the white piece to match the colored piece.
Score from each side 1/2" and 1".
 (not sure if you can see in this pic?)but this shows right side. Also do left and the whisper white as well.
Stamp your flower outline upside down in black ink. 2 step the inside color with coordinating stamp. Pick out your 'momma' and stamp her head directly above her body.  Add arms and heels.  Color your image,add embellishments too! I added a crown from the stamp set Tiny Tags and her purse from Family Business and off course some pearls! where the framelit window will show through.
Fold score lines and make a 'box', having the center raised.  Attach both ends(only) with adhesive.
 I added a framelit cut from whisper white with a saying(from the stamp set You're A Gem) for my cutie pies:)

Here are 2 versions. The 2nd sample has some added cut out flowers from Awash with flowers and leaves from the 2 step bird punch, as well as some daffodil ribbon bows on the sides.
I hope you enjoy these gals as much as I do!!

Until Next Thought,

Kris

1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE!! I love how you did this!! You took a pretty flower stamp set and made it completely FUN! Great tutorial on the shadow boxes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris