Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Making your own Stampin' Up! Bakers Twine

Thought:

I had decided that there were so many more colors I wanted to have in my Bakers Twine Collection, so I began to play :))
 I figured that I have died our ribbon before so why not our bakers twine too??  
I used our White Bakers Twine.  I wrapped my twine around a piece of scrap cardboard.
I put a strip of double sided tape to hold the twine in place.  I tightly wrapped the twine all around the cardboard strip.

Now I figured I could color a couple different ways.  
The first experiment, I used my re-inker.  This one is done in concord crush.  I let ink drop out and created stripes down the twine,then flipped the cardboard and did the other side.
 The second experiment, was with our SU! markers.
I allowed the ink to soak a little with the markers.
If your ink seems to be running or spreading too much,you can dry with your heat embossing tool. *Note- you could also make a combination of ink and rubbing alcohol for a quicker drying ink.
Next unravel your twine:
 Now to store:
This is one of my favorite things to make...
Punch out our round tab punch and punch a hole in the top.
Wrap your twine around the tab for storage,
I like to hang mine from these ringed clips(Staples):
 FINISH!!!
Hope you enjoyed and have fun making your own twine colors!!

Until Next Thought,

Kris















 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I knew they came out with a lot of new colors in the mini, but now I don't have to wait for a color combo to be produced!! TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Kris...well doen Hugs Elaine I like your style

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris