Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Friday, March 30, 2012

He Is Risen

Boy, I almost named this post "He is Risen, and so have I", but I don't want to liken myself at all to Jesus! although I do try to live up to his standards;)...
So as I rise from the world of 'not blogging' I share with you and the crew over at SUO this card.
Thought: It came to mind that the reverse side of my Adorning Accents edgelit die resembled the three hills always depicted for Jesus' Crucifixion. I stamped a cross from the stamp set Crosses of Hope in Elegant Eggplant ink on whisper white cs. I colored in the flowers and vines with markers in pear pizzaz and wisteria. I then trimmed out the image.
I used whisper white cs as my card, and added a 'reverse edge' in wisteria. I hand drew 2 crosses in wisteria with that marker. I punched some 'clouds' with the cupcake punch in wisteria and adhered and using dimensionals popped some too!  I popped the cross as well on the front hill.
For my He is Risen,I cut the oval from our ovals die and embossed it with our designer frames embossing folder. I stamped(in versamark) my saying on my window sheets, and embossed with our white embossing powder and heat tool.  Everyone has asked me...doesn't the heat tool melt the window sheet?...

   The answer: NO!!!
Well, not saying that it wouldn't eventually melt it,but if you just watch it carefully and do not overdo it, you will be fine :) I then adhered my window sheet to the cross. Hint* I used a partial glue dot in several places, making sure it is behind the letters so you cannot see any glue ;)
 FINISH!!!
I hope you like:)))and hopefully my next post won't take me, say like, 40 days??

Until Next Thought,
Kris

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Kris!! Missed you!
    Beautiful card! The window sheet technique is fantastic and looks wonderful on your card! Love how you used the edgelit for the hills too!
    Hoping I don't have to wait 40 days to see your next beautiful creation! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Easter card! I love how you did the He is Risen - great touch! Thanks for joining us for the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very creative! I love it! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! What a beautiful Easter card! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris