Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Saturday, December 24, 2011

These are a few of my Favorite Things...


Hello my friends!!
Sorry for my absence, 'tis the season to be...BUSY!

Here to share a quick project with you though :)
This is a 12x12 magnetic board. I just love our Letters to Santa DSP!  It is so cute, it has these awesome double sided sheets with Santa checking his list as well as others ;) I decided to go with this one that shows all these colorful ornaments.

I found these magnetic steel sheets at Lowes(under $10!)- already pre-cut!! How awesome is that???  The edges were clean cut-almost like a die cut from our BigShot! 
These make awesome Christmas gifts and you can decorate both sides so after Christmas you can flip it to the other side and use all year long!!

I glued the piece of DSP to my steel using a liquid glue.  I actually used our Crystal Effects-it worked great!  I just used my decor elements applicator and smoothed out so there were no bubbles.
  Other elements:
I made a fireplace in riding hood red with our Woodgrain stamp.  The fireplace doors are made with the  Peek-a-boo frames die in soft suede, embossed with the SnowBurst embossing folder.



I added two logs with our word window punch and the fire with the petal builder punch and coordinating stamp set.
The picture frame above is also made with the peek-a-boo frames die.  I added the stamp from the ss Welcome Christmas as the picture.

I made several stocking magnets with our stocking building punch(which is going to be retired :'(( )and adhered a magnet to the back.
 For the top of my magnetic board I used a strip of kraft cs, edge with the eyelet punch,sponged with espresso ink, and the decorative strip(available on the clearance rack,while supplies last)Peace,Joy,and Love in cherry cobbler.

 I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes in the top..yes this does work!!! I added some ribbon to hang it with and a wish list(of course!!!)that I made with my MDS.

I wish you all a few of your favorite things this holiday!!!
May you enjoy all the peace,joy,love and cheer that the season brings you!!!

Until Next Thought,
Kris

1 comment:

  1. This is super cool! I really need to start paying more attention when I go w/ DH to the DIY stores... You have really turned this into an incredible piece and I love the idea of decorating the back side for year long use! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris