Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Halloween DSP meet Trendy Tree

This card was a bit of experimenting on my part.  It actually started with the thought of I wonder if when you heat up window sheets will they melt?? Thankfully they did not :)
My card base is very vanilla cs.
Now what?
I tried to keep this a QAS (Quick and Simple)card,but it ended up maybe being 1 step above Quick ;)
 So where does this Halloween DSP enter in,you ask?
Well of course it is my backdrop ;)It is from our Frightful Sight DSP.  The other side has bats on it, and while I suppose they would be ok to put with my trendy tree, I was trying to go a little more wintry since that is the current season;)
I used our peek-a-boo frames die and the big shot.  I did this in both vanilla and old olive.(only cut the window you wish to use).  I stamped my Trendy Tree SS image on a square piece of window sheet(I can't remember the measurement-oops!,but I just went slightly bigger than the opening of my window)in CRAFT old olive ink.  I then sprinkled our Heat and Stick Powder over this image, and then heat set with embossing gun.  While still tacky I sprinkled our dazzling diamonds glitter on it and then heat set with embossing tool again.  The heat and stick powder seems to make a more permanent glitter sticker to me. 
Now, don't blame the picture taker,but there is a beautiful glittery trendy tree here;))
I cut out the frame center with my paper snips and adhered the window sheet with my glittery Trendy Tree to the back.  I then used stamping dimensionals and added to my vanilla frame.
I adhered this to my Frightful Sights DSP!
wintry? I'm not sure,but it is pretty:)
For my finishing touch, I added a cajun craze curly label punch, "Enjoy"(from You're a GemSS)embossed with our new tangerine tango embossing powder(yay colors!!!)and a little bling with a cajun craze itty bitty flower and our basic rhinestones.  I tucked this under my Halloween DSP.
ENJOY the New Year!!!!
Until Next Thought,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris