Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks and 'stuffing' too...

What's a Turkey without the stuffing?? 
My thought:
I know you will be so surprised that I used the stocking punch again :p
 This is a card made similar to my santa suit card.  My card base is 4 1/4"x 8 1/2" very vanilla cs,scored at 2 1/8",and 6 1/4" so that it opens from the middle like so:
I used a piece of dsp as my 'apron'. I measure this at 4 1/4"x5 1/2"and then cut to fit my front flaps(2 1/8"on left side) I used the wide oval punch vertically to make equal arm holes,and also a horizontally one for the neck. Then you may attach this to card front.
Arms: are made from very vanilla cs turned upside down
Oven Mitts: stocking punch made with spice cake dsp

  • punch out 2 stockings(make sure to get opposite sides)
  • round off top of mitt with circle punch
  • cut a partial word window with same dsp
Turkey Platter: Using bigz oval die,get coordinating oval size in very vanilla cs. Place that oval in designer frames embossing folder and then sponge with soft suede ink.
Stuffing: use several flowers from itty bitty punches and some leftover seeds from the blossoms builder flower:
(see this is what I do with all my scraps;))
glue these together and then run through our square lattice embossing folder and Big Shot,sponge with soft suede
Turkey: punch out largest flower petal and 2 smaller petal in chocolate chip card stock with our blossom petals punch,sponge these.  Add 2 tiny scraps of white and make ruffled piece with scissors and itty bitty scallop flower

Attach(with stampin dimensionals) the platter to the front left(only) bottom of your apron.  attach arms and oven mitts together and put stampin dimensionals under them. Place arms where they look to be best.  I tuck the one on the right side of the card with thumb holding the platter:
Add a cute little button brad from our vintage trinkets:
And stamp the inside(I used our four frames SS with more mustard ink and 'Happy Thanksgiving' with our Teeny Tiny Wishes SS and chocolate chip ink:
And now I am thankful that you don't need to hear me ramble on anymore AND that I am NOT the cook tomorrow;))!!
I'm gonna enter and share my little cook over at SUO challenges!
Finish:
I hope you all enjoy this holiday with your family and those you love....
and enjoy the stuffing too!!!

Blessings~

Until Next Thought,
Kris


5 comments:

  1. Okay, this made me giggle out loud as soon as I saw it! How clever to make a punch art cook with a turkey, and I loved seeing that you store your tiny scraps like I do! Thanks so much for sharing this gem at SUO Challenges, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...this is absolutely BEYOND CUTE! LOVE EVERYTHING about it! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creativity...love the card. So cute! Thanks for joining in at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now seriously...how cute is this??!! And so clever! Punch art always makes me smile! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris