I must get back to Stampin'!!!
When I saw this cool stamp set from our Saleabration catalog, I just had to have it(of course)!
The stamp set is called 'Feeling Sentimental" and of course since I am a 'Jersey girl',this ferris wheel reminded me of the recent devastation that our shore towns were dealt with Superstorm Sandy.
So, I the wheel started turning...
My first thought was derived from an actual used card from the casinos in Atlantic City(don't worry i didn't lift it ;) I have several decks of used cards from there.
I thought about making the background look like the boardwalk,but then decided I wanted to make it a little brighter than wood planks. So, I used our Woodgrain Embossing Folder on Naturals White Card stock. I sponged this with some Island Indigo ink.
I stamped the ferris wheel image in Not Quite Navy to give it a softer color than the indigo. I added a banner made with the following:
- Ticket Punch and 'That's the Ticket' stamp set(available in our new spring catalog)and "Admit One"tangerine tango ink
- An island Indigo tag made with the 'Hearts a flutter' framelits die and the new stamp set "Ciao,Baby!'(also available in the spring catalog)the "1" stamped in garden green ink
- Another tag made with the 'hearts a flutter framelits and the stamp set"Occasionals Alphabet' "O is for One" stamped in real red
- A strip of island indigo stitched satin ribbon
- A knotted strip of real red stitched grosgrain ribbon
- and lastly the banner was hung on Island Indigo Baker's twine
I added the layer of daffodil delight card stock embossed with our Argyle Embossing Folder and lastly, made 2 1" square dice in real red card stock.(punch a hole in the top square and add a white square behind)Another "1!"
Now, I think I should take a quick little trip up the parkway, go to Atlantic City, bet on 1, and see if I won???
Until Next Thought,