Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Trifecta

These are the cards we created at this months class!!
I borrowed the set from my friend Karen(hi!)and of course, since it was one of the on-line extravaganza specials, I ordered it :-O 
These cards are definitely SNOW MUCH FUN! as the name of the stamp set suggest ;)

I wanted to make these cards all a 3-D style to teach my class a few different folds.
We will go left to right.
I will share my directions in 3 different posts, so you will need to check back this week for the next 2 cards!!
 
The 1st card is a simple step card.

  These are quite the trend and you can find various directions all over the web, but I will tell you mine.I did not take pictures as I went but will try to add them later.
My card base is made of a piece of pool party card stock measuring 5 1/2"x8 1/2".
I score this on the 8 1/2" length at 1",2",3 1/4",4 1/2"and 6 1/2".Then mountain,valley fold.With the one inch fold being the one in the front.
I used 2 strips of approx 2"x5 1/2" pieces of pool party and embossed with the big shot and our Delicate Designs Folders.  I used our Large Scallop Edgelits Die to cut these pieces into waves and hills as I like to call them ;) .Then attatched to my card in any manner you like.
I stamped my snowmen and trees on a piece of glossy white card stock.  I used a white crayon to make the crayon resist technique for my snowmen and snowball.Then, colored in with various SU! markers.  I sponged over my images with baja breeze ink. Then wiped with a tissue to bring out the bright white of my snowmen.  I trimmed around my snowmen LOL, I didnt make it super close,but you can if you want.  I like to say I am just plain Snooow Lazy :)
I added my snowmen,ball and trees where I thought they would look nicely when you looked at the card from the front for the 3-D image.
 I had a little extra white glossy white card stock sponged with the baja so I punched some circles to make a pile of snowballs in front of my tree and added a portion of the saying from the stamp set and trimmed with my paper snips to make a "snow much fun" banner.
Hope you enjoyed!

Until Next Thought,

Kris

 

4 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful! What a collection!! So glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A step card makes a cute little scene! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This snowman step card IS Snow Much Fun! Love all the details! Thanks for playing along with the fun folds SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful set of cards! Love those fun snowmen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris