Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Fathers Day Card-A Day Late!!

This is a card I made with the new stamp set 'the Open Sea"
It is a "spring card"
Directions:
I cut a piece of early espresso card stock 4-1/4"x9"
I make a score at the 5-1/2" mark.From that score line, I measure up 2"on both sides of card, and also measure 2" down.  I score from one sides top marks to the opposite sides bottom marks, doing this on both sides to create a 'criss-cross' over the center score mark.As shown below;
From the top 2 marks, I cut to center of top(2-1/8') to create a diamond shape.
Sorry my pics on this are not the greatest!
Here is another version of this technique: Split Coast stampers Spring Card
My measurements are a little different, but their explanation is probably much better;)
I stamped the 'woodgrain stamp set' in white ink on my espresso cs, on both the front and the back and also on a piece of scrap,which needs to be big enough to make the porthole.
The porthole is done by punching a smaller circle first in espresso cs and then lining up a larger circle punch(I believe I used the 1 3/4 then a 2" circle punch). The cutter is done with black ink and just a slight bit of water color. I also punch this in the larger circle size.  You of course,can use what sizes you have ;)
I adhered these layers together and added 5 antique eyelets.  Attach to the top of my card.
I layered marina mist and very vanilla papers on the card base. These I distressed,sponged and stamped randomly with more images from the Open Sea Stamp set. I used cherry cobbler,soft suede and early espresso inks:
I had meant to actually post this ON Father's Day, but as always...a day late;)...
Hope you enjoy and give a go at a 'spring card fold' !!
Happy Belated Father's Day to all the Fathers!

Until Next Thought,
Kris





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris