Order Stampin' Up Products Here

Order Stampin' Up Products Here
Order SU! Products Here

Thursday, May 19, 2011

'Always Elegant' Cake

Hey Stampers!  I am trying to get a card posted at least once per week.  So for this weeks card we have a three tier cake.  This could be a wedding or an anniversary cake, even a birthday cake!-just add candles;)
The card base is 4-1/4 x5-1/2 on whisper white card stock.  I have seen many cakes done this way and have had it in my mind to make one with my touches added to it=)  I cut three strips of whisper white cs each one a little larger than the last( I didn't actually use any measurements,just went with it)  I rounded the corners of the tops only.  I used blushing bride as my frosting. I stamped the design from Always Elegant SS and using the stamp-a-ma-jig for precise placement added the 'frosting'(also from Always elegant ss). I sponged a little around the edges.  For the cake stand, I used a strip of blushing bride cs.  I punched out the Eyelet Border Punch once in the middle of my cs.  I then slid it over to the place where I though would look thin enough to be a table leg.  I then did the same to the other side.  
I made three flowers out of  blushing bride also.  To do this, I punch 6 small flowers from the Itty Bitty Bits punch Pack(LOVE these!!)  Using my mat pack pad(you can use a mouse pad if you don't have one of these-but I suggest you get one!!) and my paper piercer, I push gently toward the centers of my flowers and roll at the same time.  This causes the flowers to roll up and gives them some depth. I sponged some rose red around the edges,and with a little mono adhesive sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on my flowers.  I use a dab of tombo mono adhesive to place 2 of the flowers together.  I punch a couple of the leaves in Garden Green cs from our Bird Punch.  I layer these both on the top of my cake.  
I played around a little and added a strip of embossed whisper white to the base of the card and ran a piece of sticky strip along the top.  I sprinkled this with dazzling diamonds.

I stamped the saying 'Best Wishes' from our Sincere Salutations SS in basic black ink.  I made a little boo-boo by smudging my best wishes(OOPS!) so I added another leaf flowing over to the cake.  See there is always away to salvage a mistake;)
Well, I hope you enjoy your cake! I'd prefer a brownie myself;)
 
Until Next Thought,
Kris



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for your comment!! I love to hear YOUR thoughts!!=DKris